Milling Cutter Arbor

I just make the arbors for my horizontal attachment. I also made the outboard arbor support out of 2" thick aluminum with a bronze bearing inserted for the arbor. I bandsawed the shape,and cut a slit with a long bolt through it to tighten the support onto the ram of my Bridgey. Perfectly rigid.

The biggest problem is not making the arbor. It's making all the spacers that go on the arbor!! You can take spacers off another arbor and use them.

You destroyed a 1944 Lincond Penny that was worth about 37 cents! At least you could have used one of the altered cents they came out with!!!
Naw. Zinc just don't have no strength to it.
Anyway, 37 cents is a pretty good bargain for a miniature gear any day of the week!

Just a quick question does anyone know if the chineses involute cutters with 22mm bore fit on a 7/8 arbore ??as there is a tiny difference in size

Regards Nat

Just a quick question does anyone know if the chineses involute cutters with 22mm bore fit on a 7/8 arbore ??as there is a tiny difference in size

Regards Nat
You'll have to bore out the cutter by about .009-.010" to fit a .875" arbor. Or turn the OD of your arbor down to .866"-.865" diameter. Take your pick.
Ken

22 mm = 0.86614 in. No it wll not fit without boring it as Ken said.

"Billy G"

Back