Milling machine identification

Threadkiller

Registered
Registered
Hi, can anyone tell me what machine this is and if it’s good? The seller doesn’t know anything about it.

Attachments

• 8104C37B-4CE2-4C8D-9C8A-9E1C9BE02492.png
    8104C37B-4CE2-4C8D-9C8A-9E1C9BE02492.png
    250.3 KB · Views: 62
Do you have any pics from the side? I cant even tell if it is mounted to the floor or a bench. Tim

It's a Rockwell.
These are very nice mills which have a morse #2 spindle.
They also made a horizontal version with the same head for vertical work.

Thanks for the replies. Is it worth buying? Appears to have no motor now that I see pictures of them, Not a huge deal since I have an extra motor that hopefully will fit. Ive never heard of this mill until now. I always wanted a Bridgeport.

You'll want to make sure you get the motor pulley otherwise you'll have to make one.
I had one of these many years ago and liked it very much.
Like all Rockwell machines, it's very capable and the fine and lever quill feeds are a nice feature but you are limited with the capacity of morse #2 collets and tool holders.
If you get any more pics of the machine please post them for further and more critical analysis... :)

Thanks for the replies. Is it worth buying? Appears to have no motor now that I see pictures of them, Not a huge deal since I have an extra motor that hopefully will fit. Ive never heard of this mill until now. I always wanted a Bridgeport.

It's all relative. If he's asking $300, maybe. If he's asking $1500, no. Lack of motor and R-8 spindle would definitely reduce the value.

Back