Milling Machine Quill Light

I posted this awhile ago, but here it is again. Instead of a ring light which I thought would still have a shadow around the exact same
work place that I'm trying to illuminate. I just threw this together with some other LED panels that I had from who know where. By
spreading out the light source over a larger area, the shadow goes away. If I did this over, I probably would make a large circular plate
for the lights to mount to, if they didn't get in the way of operating the mill. The back plate is held to the mill with button magnets and
IMG_3454.jpgIMG_7992.jpgIMG_7431.jpg
the light array can be disconnected from electrical source with a connector.
IMG_3454.jpgIMG_7992.jpgIMG_7431.jpg

Yes Ted. I’m in agreement with you. Billh51 did a great job. But it does not light up the immediate work area. Like with the pic of the chuck. The chuck is blocking the light at the center of the work area. I made the same kinda light ring and have the same problem. Also, those light rings have a weird color temp that I do not like. Like you said, the goose neck lighting is the best so far. On another note, I just received a 250W 3000K par38 15° LED flood. What a nice light source! Two of those things on a mill in goose neck would be more than enouph!...Dave
Thanks, but I will agree with you that the light does not light up the center as well as I expected. Also as you lower the quill, it seems to hide a little more. I think it's always fun to make and try out different things to see what works and what doesn't. I think I will keep it but may try a gooseneck lamp of some sorts to help it out a little. To be continued.

From the photo it looks on the blue side of temp, but photos of LED's can be deceiving. I like the 5-5500K range for a white light.
Again, you mounting solution was clever.

Back