Milling machine x-axis power feed recommendation

That leaves the one screw. I think it might be for the cable holder, but it's too big for the hole in the plastic cord holder.

I cut a 5/8" wide x 3/4" deep slot, 0.025" at a time with a 1/2" end mill in mild steel today using the x-axis feed. Worked great. So nice not to have to hand crank through over 40 passes.
The feed motor seemed to have plenty of power. I used Lubriplate 105 for the gears on the feed.
Now if I could just figure out what that last screw is for...

I thought so too, but the drawing is kinda wonky; they rotated it, I think, to show it better, but it looks like it's mounted horizontal and also 90 degrees from where it should be. I just ordered it, so I'll let you all know.
It was free shipping and this looks just like the other ones, but has less torque. In fact, all the images for these seem to be the same one, even though all the sellers are different. And, they all ship out of the same warehouses.
I've got these all bookmarked in case this one's a dud.
You have to use the horizontal model on an RF 30. The motor hanging down on the bridgeport type feed will hit the base of your mill before you reach full travel. There's a video by Pragmatic Lee on converting a bridgeport style feed to an RF 30 but it was waaay more work than I was willing to do to save a few bux.

Back