Milling Small Parts

Bill, here's a pic of the finished lathe stop. I ended up abandoning the small part and went with a small bolt instead. I've never used a lathe stop before but right after I installed it, I used it several times and really like having one now. It saved me from a possible crash and that alone is worth the time spent making it.
DSCN2101.JPG

Bill, here's a pic of the finished lathe stop. I ended up abandoning the small part and went with a small bolt instead. I've never used a lathe stop before but right after I installed it, I used it several times and really like having one now. It saved me from a possible crash and that alone is worth the time spent making it.
View attachment 123107
View attachment 123107

I like your replacement part. I used one when I assigned to one lathe for a long time. I used angle iron and c-clamp to make emergency stop because of way designs are not the same. Nothing like your temporary stop popping off while your watching the tool bit is cutting.

Nice job

Back