Milling tree's for lumber and wood for projects.

Yeah, I am the one that was rebuilding the rockwell 6X48 belt sander, that used the old sink knobs for the delta sander. Just brought a Uni-saw sight un seen, trusted the guy over the phone,has OE goose egg and dust door. See thread here.
http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=214994
Have been in the hospital a while now, everything is pushed back.
I have/had a little bit of ambrosia maple.Small ambrosia maple/walnut lidded box.
I think I looked at your thread on your sander, very nice work, I would like to find one as well. My problem is I am running out of room!

I think I looked at your thread on your sander, very nice work, I would like to find one as well. My problem is I am running out of room!

Yeah, I got the sander for $100.00.
you think your running out of room?
I am getting to where I can't turn around in my shop.
I have to sit down and look at the space I have, and come up with some kind of new set-up.
Check out the uni if you didn't, I gave $569.00, and it's plug and play. Single phase too.
New bearings, OE goose egg motor cover. Fresh paint, has a good jet lock fence, I might put the bies. I already have on it.

That's a great saw and you stole it for that price. In today's times I would just upgrade the fence and rails. I used a saw just like that one in high school shop class I think, and a rockwell of the same vintage, shop had 3 saws.

Just got my own setup. Looks like the same make although I have the smaller version. A friend cut down a cherry tree in his backyard and I couldn't let it go to waste. Looks like I will get about 150 bd ft of wood. The first cut is made along a guide.

Some beautiful cherry this log will pay for the rig.
Dave

I got some walnut for turning, you know, thinking it's the nicest wood in the world.
(it is nice too though)
But I have been turning cherry, and now like the looks of it better for bowls.

165076_4083980588276_862294360_n.jpg 529276_4597927396625_1720747100_n.jpg

Cherry and Walnut are my favourites.

Going to make a hall table out of this. 3-1/2" thick, 7' long, 20" wide at the max and 14"min. Walnut about 50 years old sitting in a barn.

Ajax-20130604-00426.jpg

Ajax-20130604-00426.jpg

Cherry and Walnut are my favourites.

Going to make a hall table out of this. 3-1/2" thick, 7' long, 20" wide at the max and 14"min. Walnut about 50 years old sitting in a barn.
Nice grain, will you keep the curved natural edge of the slab?

Back