Milling Vise Stop

Very nice. I can't tell by the picture but add a compression spring around the screw if you don't have one all ready. Drill a pocket on the untapped side to hold the spring.

Nice work, TJ. It is not really a standard design, but nobody ever said that it needs to be. Not only that, I rather like it!

Aloris makes a stop to be used on their QC tool holder blocks that works well on mill vises as well, it just needs a 3/8 NC tapped hole on the side of the vise, and the parts for the stop are very easy to make.

Nice work, TJ. It is not really a standard design, but nobody ever said that it needs to be. Not only that, I rather like it!

Thanks Terry. I've seen them used by a couple of YouTube guys and this is my interpretation of their designs.

Very nice. I can't tell by the picture but add a compression spring around the screw if you don't have one all ready. Drill a pocket on the untapped side to hold the spring.

I'll have to look at that. I might not have allowed enough space around the screw...

Very nice! My to-do list is getting longer .

T.J.,

Thanks for sharing this, I have been thinking about making one for my (new to me) vise.
Yours turned out great!

-brino

I've never seen that before. But I believe I need to add one into my box now.
I'll copy yours for sure!

Back