Millport 2 9' x 42″ Vertical Turret Milling Machine - $950 (cupertino, CA)

Right in my old neighborhood.

I'm confused though, is it a machine with extra parts or another one that's been disassembled for your convenience?

John

Looks like one picture doesn't belong- different machine
-M

9 foot by 42 inches. Still a great deal but lessens the credibility of a "machinist" seller who doesn't know his units of measure. Could just be a typo, but still.

9 foot by 42 inches. Still a great deal but lessens the credibility of a "machinist" seller who doesn't know his units of measure. Could just be a typo, but still.

Not necessarily indicative. Having owned a shop, it was stunning how few machinists could get the right job number on a time-card.

My wife’s uncle is a machinist, his wife has to lay out his clothes for the next morning. She say if he was left on his own, he would show up to work in woolen long-johns, plaid Bermuda shorts, a stripped shirt, with one blue sock and one white sock. With no belt or lunch money.

My wife’s uncle is a machinist, his wife has to lay out his clothes for the next morning. She say if he was left on his own, he would show up to work in woolen long-johns, plaid Bermuda shorts, a stripped shirt, with one blue sock and one white sock. With no belt or lunch money.

In a previous life, I was a lab technician in bio-chemical research. My boss, a Phd in chemistry, showed up one day with one brown and one orange sock. On another day, lost in thought, he walked into the men's room, pulled out his tie and peed his pants.

In a previous life, I was a lab technician in bio-chemical research. My boss, a Phd in chemistry, showed up one day with one brown and one orange sock. On another day, lost in thought, he walked into the men's room, pulled out his tie and peed his pants.
Filed under 'Why I do not wear a tie' - this cuts close to home. :grin big:

Back