Milwaukee 1850 Drill

B

Bill Gruby

Forum Guest
Register Today
Found this today at a machine sale. 3/4 chuck. It's looks new, well kept. $20.00. No machines though. Someone bought the lot yesterday.

"Billy G"

102_0091 (650 x 488).jpg

Excellent find they don't make them much better than Milwaukee, with the portable drill stand they become even more useful.
:tiphat:
For some reason it will not let me send a message says I need five more characters, here they are Donald duck, mickey mouse, snow white, daisy duck, and Spiderman.

Be careful with that drill, if it catches with your finger on the trigger it will hurt you.:whiteflag:

Be careful with that drill, if it catches with your finger on the trigger it will hurt you.:whiteflag:

Been there ; Done that. I had one quite some time ago. Broke my finger once, only once. You don't need one often, but when you do, you are glad to have it.

"Billy G"

Weighs in at 16 lbs. and start torque will twist it right out of your hands.

"Billy G"

Was running one of those once with a 18" long, 1 1/4" electricians auger, three steps up the ladder. Hit a nail plate on the hidden far side. Wound me up, sucked me off the ladder with my hand on the trigger pinned against a stud. When the carpenters tired of the view one of them finally unplugged the drill. Drill was fine, me, not so fine. Gotta respect 'em!

those are the models where you want to make sure the ground plug is intact, I personally hate hole hawgs by Milwaukee for drilling with auger bits, which is why I used a bunch of cheap 3/4 spade bits and a faster vsr drill to drill out studs when I run nmc or cat5 cable , the holes come out cleaner too. I agree you got to have respect for those things, but I rather use my trusty skilsaw with the guard pinned up all day then drill with one of those. I seen to many guys get twisted on the hidden nails, especially here in CA where they shear panel so many walls now a days and nails are practically unavoidable.

- Al

Back