Milwaukee 1850 Drill

They are intimidating Charley, but useful even if you only need it once. I have core drills to use with this one. My son-in-law loves it. He used it today to cut a 6 inch hole thru 10 inches of concrete with Blue Stone in it. He wouldn't say ho long it took, but I doubt it took too long as I let him use a new unused Core Drill. I'll bet the diamond core drill ate it right up. Blue Stone is tough stuff.

"Billy G"

Reminded me of this:

[video=youtube;lXdFsU4Gcfk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXdFsU4Gcfk[/video]

I have a real powerful Porter Cable industrial quality 1/2" drill I bought back before they went into cheap stuff. It is geared down to 850 RPM. I was drilling 3/4" holes in big bronze castings when making a full size 18th. C. repro fire engine. The first hole I drilled

grabbed the bronze and it's a good thing I had quick reflexes!! After that,I quit being too hasty,and ground the flutes go the bit vertical for about 1/32". Then,it did not grab the bronze. I still have that drill today. It is pretty much a normal sized drill but with a side handle.

Tony, after what just transpired that made my day. Got any more?

"Billy G"

I have a simeller milwaukee drill. That thing will turn the world.

Tony, after what just transpired that made my day. Got any more?

"Billy G"

Actually, I think I do. Some time back an uncle sent me a bunch of tool "commercials". I'll see if I can find them.

I had a 1/2" that I was just a little scared of... Then I got this 1"....

Large Hand drill.JPG

Back