Milwaukee Portaband Table and Stand

Bill Kirkley

Registered
Registered
Thanks! The leveling bolts were an after thought, creating the need for the protruding angle iron. To pretty it up I made a larger table. While milling the blade slot a clamp loosened. So, the slot has a nice gouge :-(
0348D3D9-C335-4717-B036-BF5518AE64C0.jpeg

Ken from ontario

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
Nice looking stand, do you have a foot pedal for it yet? I highly recommend adding one if you haven't already.

Bill Kirkley

Registered
Registered
A problem developed when I changed to a more aggressive 14 tooth blade. The leveling screws lift the table from the bumper shoe. When I tried to but a 2 1/2" round bar the saw climbed upward.

I plan to fix this with either a clamp on the handle or a spacer to keep the table in contact with the bumper shoe.

Ken from ontario

I stopped using the levelling screw on my shop made table, I found out if the table is clamped/attached directly to the sliding bumper shoe ( even though it may be slightly less than 90° to the blade), it still cuts more reliably than forcing the table to be a perfect 90°, just keeping it simple worked better for me.

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock