Milwaukee Portaband Table and Stand

I found out if the table is clamped/attached directly to the sliding bumper shoe

You are probably right. It seems most people clamp the table to the bumper shoe. I just worry that it may not have been designed to handle the torque that might result from inadvertently loading the edge of the table.

I may end up clamping my table to the bumper shoe, but first i am going to see if adding a clamp to the handle will solve the problem.

In order to add a clamp I needed to drill and tap a hole in the top of the column. My freehand skills aren't to good. The column was too tall for my mill. I then realized I had a right angle attachment collecting dust in the bottom of my cabinet. I've never used it. I attached it to the mill and it worked great!

8BB9A54F-E96E-4B9E-9382-BF4BA6953E9F.jpeg

I added a cap to the post. That seems to have solved the problem.

I pulled the old video and posted a new one. Below are a link and a couple of photos.

E15951E3-C197-4C3F-BB29-060BA231C7D0.jpegB3FB0FDD-AC36-4632-B485-31031830466A.jpeg

It seems you have found the solution to that jumping problem, your table/stand looks perfectly functional .

Back