[Newbie] Milwaukee Toolmaker Surface Grinder restoration

jeittreim

Registered
Registered
Hey ya'll,

I am Brand New to machining (just bought a bridgeport and haven't got it up and running yet) A friend of mine hooked me up with a Milwaulkee (Delta) toolmaker surface grinder. I am looking for any resources on restoration/parts/use for this machine (books, epub, videos, supply houses, etc). Any help would be greatly appreciated. The machine is current in pieces waiting for degrease, paint, and reassembly (not sure on wear/broken parts yet, which is why I am looking for more info before I start).

Thanks ahead of time.

Awesome, that's gives me a good start. I haven't been able to find a model number but the picture on the book looks identical. Thanks

Hey ya'll,

I am Brand New to machining (just bought a bridgeport and haven't got it up and running yet) A friend of mine hooked me up with a Milwaulkee (Delta) toolmaker surface grinder. I am looking for any resources on restoration/parts/use for this machine (books, epub, videos, supply houses, etc). Any help would be greatly appreciated. The machine is current in pieces waiting for degrease, paint, and reassembly (not sure on wear/broken parts yet, which is why I am looking for more info before I start).

Thanks ahead of time.
Welcome, you have come to the right place. Folks here are very friendly, helpful, and smart! You are off to a great start with those machines. You will quickly find that not having a lathe will limit your capability. There are lots of them out there that would compliment what yoh have now.

Yeah, I was in the market for a lathe first, but the bridgeport and grinder were opportunities I couldn't pass up. Still on the hunt for a lathe though :)
Almost had a chance at a victor 1630 but it was not meant to be. ah well.... I keep looking.

In the meantime, I almost have the BP up and running (just waiting on a ballscrew set to finish it off. Once I have it all together I can start planning the milwaulkee

Back