Mini Hog

That's the coolest thing I've seen in ages- even sounds (and leaks) like a Harley! Is there a muffler on it? It's so quiet! Did you design it yourself? Very impressive
Mark
ps did you say you wound the ignition coils yourself?

Thats Awesome.....I cant believe how much it sounds like the real deal especially on start up. FANTASTIC WORK :clapping:

At a guess, you don't have a vacuum advance on the distributor. That would help with acceleration. But I suspect you know that.

Pretty cool I need one for this 1/2 scale I built acouple years back. It’s a single cylinder 125cc engine that I put a large exhaust on that gives it the “thump” of a Harley. I’d love to build one any plans floating around?

That's the coolest thing I've seen in ages- even sounds (and leaks) like a Harley! Is there a muffler on it? It's so quiet! Did you design it yourself? Very impressive
Mark
ps did you say you wound the ignition coils yourself?

Not for this but I did design this my self and I did wind a 6 to 12 volt coil. I plan on winding (or trying to) wind a coil and get the voltage that it will throw a good spark down to 2 or 3 volts. Hahaha I like the leaks comment I hope to cure that.

At a guess, you don't have a vacuum advance on the distributor. That would help with acceleration. But I suspect you know that.
No I don't have a distributor it functions on 2 hall effect sensors. I designed this myself so I'm just happy it runs ;)

Doc: just found your videos on you tube- did you do one covering the ignition system and the circuit board- I would be interested in seeing that
Mark

Doc: just found your videos on you tube- did you do one covering the ignition system and the circuit board- I would be interested in seeing that
Mark
Unfortunately my camera was acting up back then so I only have a couple videos on that. It uses a tandam board that I came up with and 2 coil packs. On the motor I do believe in the build I go over how I put 2 hall sensors back to back and put magnets in the cam gear one with + facing sensor and one with- facing sensor. I could post a PDF file of the circuit board if that helps.

Did you borrow the circuit from another source? I'd be interested in seeing the diagram or the board- whatever you have- mainly was wondering what the small ICs are- op-amps or 555 timers or..?
thanks
Mark

Back