Mini Lathe Speed Reduction Mod - Belt & Pulley Kit

I did the same mods on my 7x16 some years ago. The 1.3 to 1 reduction kit with pulleys and belts is available on Ebay. Was about $40.00 US

Roy

I would like more information on the gear reduction you made on your lathe . I have a cummons 7x12 lathe . I live in Oakville Ontario Canada . Thanks any help in finding the parts and Pictures would be great. David Oulton . email davidoulton@sympatico.ca
I don't have any hands on experience with the cummons lathe you have however if they are built like the hf mini lathes which they resemble very closely, you can increase/decrease the torque and/or also the speed independently of each other by adjusting the 2 adjustable pots on the circuit board, (meaning adjusting the torque does not affect the speed and vise versa.) From my understanding these pots are meant to be adjusted but due to poor quality control they may not always be set correctly coming from the factory so doing so once its on your work bench is suggested as the proper way to solve issues related to those subjects..

Last edited:
Back