Mini Split install

Hello all I couldn’t help but notice this post about the Mini Splits and reading thru some of this and would like to say that I have installed hundreds of them to say the least ( I’m in the HVAC trade for 20 plus years ) and if your going to install one of them go with the Mitsubishi!!!!!! The are the best out there period we very rearly ever have any troubles with them as long as there installed correctly and you pull a good vacuum of the line set and you should always install a surge protector at your disconnect there at the condenser unit that will save you every time !!!! and if you don’t you will have problems with the warranty . The Mitsubishi units are very sensitive to power surges and them boards in there will go bad most of the time .

I installed a Fujitsu mini split in our great room 5 or 6 years ago and it has only given my problems once at about 3 years in. Who would of thunk that you would need to clean the filters more than every 3 years. After a good vacuum out is has worked great ever sense.

At the beginning of this summer I installed a new 3 zone Mitsubishi in our 3 bedrooms. I was able to purchase all the tools, the vacuum pump and a cylinder of Nitrogen for a fraction of what the AC guy charged me to do two flares on the Fujitsu and vacuum the lines after insisting there was no need to do a nitrogen purge.

My general impressions of the Mitsubishi after one summer is very good. The Fujitsu is very quiet, the Mitsubishi's are silent. There is a lot more support and part availability for the Mitsubishi in the USA. We went without using the Fujitsu for a few months one year because we lost the remote and a replacement remote was impossible to find. The Fujitsu will direct the air flow up and down as well as side to side which is a nice feature for a large room. The Fujitsu also has a quick cool button (and quick heat button) that will run the Compressor full blast for a while to quickly cool down a room. The Mitsubishi's had no insulation between the high pressure and low pressure copper lines in the indoor air handler units, that kind of didn't impress me. My recollection of the Fujitsu is that it was a little easier to install and route the control wires to the lugs on the air handler units.

If I ever install another mini-split it will most likely be a Mitsubishi. They really are nice units and silent!

Back