Miniature or Micro English Wheel

@DHarris: That would work. I get the impression that the lower wheel is spring loaded? Spring tension adjusted by the screw?

Re: spring tension - that would be my guess - also, you would need some type of adjustment if you wanted to use smaller / larger radius crowned wheels - - and utilize it on varying thicknesses of metals.

I don't know much about English wheels, But i'd sure like to see some of your models if you have the time to post some pics. Dave

I don't know much about English wheels, But i'd sure like to see some of your models if you have the time to post some pics. Dave

Well firstly, "models" is much too strong a word. They are...ummm..."rustic" to say the least. I mostly build "yard art" or junk art. Actual modelling is something I'm just getting into and I have a LOT to learn.

Secondly, I'll have to take some pictures of a couple of the ones that came out fairly decent, I can't seem to find any at the moment. I know I took some but digital pictures are, if anything, more difficult to keep track of than physical prints...

However, at the risk of embarrassing myself, a couple pictures of my junk art, built out of whatever I can find in my scrap pile:

mc4.jpg

dozer2.jpg

I think those two examples show some great creativity - - love the motorcycle!

Some of my first attempts at actual models:

plow6.jpg

A two bottom moldboard plow to go behind one of my Ertl toy tractors.

blower2.jpg

blowerrear.jpg

A copy of the Pronovost snowblower I have for my real tractor.

cylinder2.jpg

The beginnings of a copy of the front end loader on a generic model of the John Deere 750 tractor I used to have. (Upgraded to a new Kubota)

Thank you.

I used to be on a board with guys that could REALLY build stuff out of brass. Unbelievable detail and craftsmanship. Way out of my league.

Back