Missed out at auction

Scra99tch

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
Saw a 22l and 22-UL at auction. Both in haggard shape feed box was jammed on both. Anyways one had the overarm support and the dovetailed support for the horizontal.

I saw the first one go that had the overarm bar missing for $175 but it was the second one I wanted. But that went for $275, the problem being and I would of hated myself for doing it was I was going to pull the spindles and handles, and maybe even the saddle and knee on the 22-UL. I've been wanting a second spindle to rebuild and possibly even convert to a new taper, commonly used bearings, and with oil seals.

Oh well

If anyone has a spare over arm support that gives the machine a little more rigidity let me know.

Thanks

I always get confused on which part people are referring to. Here are the names given in the manual.

03.jpg

I made one (an arbor support) from a forklift fork :)
Just used a simple bronze bushing. Figure I can add a threaded tapered bushing if need be, but so far It doesn't seem to need it.
I bored it by clamping the support in the vise, and leaving the OverArm unlocked.

I have the arbor supports for my 24 - but, I need the outer brace. A friend with a 24 has the outer brace from a different model - can't recall if it is a 22 or a 26. He sent a tracing of it & I'll base my homemade version off of it. A forklift fork for making arbor supports is very nice!

Back