Mist lube sprayer

My concerns about the cool mist system is that the mist will hang in the air around the machine and I'd be breathing it in ,the same way when I use cutting oil . Or maybe it's time to get a fan in my little shop . Do you guys that run the cool mist system use a extractor fan ?

Sean

The product I'm using currently, http://www.busybeetools.com/products/cutting-fluid-16oz-relton.html, I emailed the manufacture and they assured it was of no health issue. If I have the spray on too heavy, it'll hang around and if you get a good nose full it'll make you cough once. i have a fairly large duct blower exhaust fan in my garage for exhausting various fumes, lacquer spray, welding smoke, lathe cutting oil smoke, mist haze, etc. It has about as much power as your range hood over your stove. This is enough to keep the air decent.

Even though they say there is no health problems with it, Does not make it so. Also it may affect those with breathing problems in other ways, The mist, or Smoke can cause problems for people with asthma etc. I know the wife bough me some stuff that does not cause smoke and it works ok, but is not liquid so it is a pain in some situations. Have been thnking on tryin a mist system but not sure what to use.

If anyone cares, an update on this. I ran out of that busy bee spray lube and just filled it with the same water soluble oil in my flood coolant on the mill. It doesn’t fill the garage with mist. Just hits the part and drips off. Works well.

Back