Mitre Saw

MarkM

Registered
Registered
Good day all. Want mitre cutting ability from my bandsaw with a swivel head and contemplating one of the smaller portable saws such as Femi abs 120 or Baileigh bs 127p. My thinking is this type of tool would give me the ability for now to cut stock and offer the mitre capability and later on down the rd. Be able to purchase a regular bandsaw that offers the ability to cut bigger stock. Adding the mitre to a bandsaw puts the price way up and I could get along for awhile with the smaller portable saw. Your thoughts on my idea and review of any of the quality small mitre portable bandsaws. No junk. Don t mind paying a premium.

Last edited:
I know Ellis are great saws. Takes up too much of my available room and i just can t spend that kind of coin at the moment on a saw. I do need the mitre and could easily get by with the capacaity they offer. The Femi is used by alot of exhaust people. Cuts straight and Mitres well. The femi ng 120 abs comes with a 1.7'hp variable speed motor and known for it s accuracy and quality. This and I think a portaband and a awag table I could pretty much do all I would need from a saw. Thinking down the rd. After mr. Credit card disapears for awhile I could get a regular bandsaw with more capacity and should have more space. All one offs no real production. Lots of revues on the Femi models from italy and a couple revues on the Trajan 125 out of Taiwan. Again out Taiwan is the Baileigh bs127p as stated earlier. Looks like a nice saw with a decent speed range. Five inch capacity and variable speed to boot. Another similar saw I am considering is from Axminster out of The England again I believe from Taiwan is the dv 153. Six inch capacity and swivel head again. In my range and looks decent. Just looking for reviews more than anything.

I'm curious if you ended up getting one of the smaller mitering saws. I've been considering one instead of the common 4x6" horizontal saws.

I am not the OP, but I have had one of the Femi ABS-105 mitering saws for about two years. I had space issues and this replaced a Harbor Freight 4x6.

The ABS-105 is just about perfect for me. I get very accurate cuts - I can slice off a piece from a 1" CR bar that is less than .050 thick. It is light enough that I can put it on a shelf when I am not using it. The downside is that the motor is quite loud - think universal motor vs induction motor.

Glad you like the 105. I ended up getting a Femi 782XL and it arrived last Friday. So far it works very well. For the cost I fee a few parts could be metal instead of plastic and some of the stickers could have been applied better, but it cut straight and square out of the box which is really the important part. I think it will do what I need.
a05c503409ded4910b9d02f363005b0f.jpg

Back