Mitsui Hub threads....

Imakedust

Registered
Registered
Thanks very much for the warm welcome! Not to rush right into it but I have a question regarding my Mitsui 6/12. There are at least two styles of wheel hub mounts; one is a nut that screws OVER the spindle stud(male). The other is a spindle bolt that screws INTO the spindle shaft. (female) First, are there any threaded adapters you know of that screw into the spindle shaft and have a SECOND thread to accept a spindle nut? If not, and I need to thread-turn up my own adapter, do you know what the thread in the spindle shaft is?

Thanks!!

Imakedust

The Mitsui I'm referring to is a manually operated Surface grinder.MItsui 6 18.jpg...and yes they are an excellent machine.

Thanks easymike but as it turns out this screws directly into the spindle so hubs aren't involved.
Here is what I am looking for!!Mitsui Threaded Spindle Adapter.jpg I had one on another of my machines but still can't seem to locate where to buy a couple more. The finer thread screws into the machine's spindle, and the coarse thread with the slot is to accommodate a hex nut. Any lightbulbs going off?

Thanks!

Thanks guys we're close. Left hand threads on BOTH ends, just like the wheel hub. Being a Mitsui we're probably looking at metric threads, too.

Back