Mitutouyo Parts

P. Waller

Brass
Former Member
Bought a new internal rod micrometer last year and have lost the 1/2" spacer and want to buy a few more as spares, these things are small and easy to lose.
This tool.

It appears that Long Island Indicator no longer sells Mitutoyo parts, who does sell bore gauge shims and other Mits parts?

You can order all kinds of gage parts by creating an account with Msi Viking, Msc and McMaster carr.
They can order the parts for you from Mitutoyo. Mitutoyo does not sell directly but through certified distributors.
LIIS no longer sell parts of any kind. Part sales are not a big money maker unless you make a large order, for most distributors.
But try Msi Viking. They seem like nice people.

I have existing accounts with MSC, McM, Viking and Travers, they are not terribly interested in selling $30.00 parts.
We shall see how it goes.

They are round and very small, they easily roll off benches into the chips (-:
Found them on the interwebs, ordered 3 at $34.00 each.
Actually receiving them is another matter entirely.
I would says thats more then enough reason to figure out a way from loosing them so easily! Maybe a magnet might not be the Best Choice in helping with the problem but i would say its definitely worth looking into a bit, maybe!

I am simply careless and often drop small parts such as these along with bore gauge shims.

Magnets attract chips and grinding dust, this is annoying in every way.

Back