Mitutoyo Dial Caliper

Not all of us are working or have the money to buy new tools. Therefore we try to fix those that others give to us or we buy cheap enough. For the past 7 years being on disability and now regular social security does not leave much for my hobby each month. In fact some months (especially in winter) I am lucky if I have even $50 left at the end of the month. With rising costs and no cost of living increase this year it is even worse. This month I have $13 left til the 3rd.
So $200 for a tool, or anything for that matter, is way out of my reach and why I am contemplating giving up this hobby.

This is them,
dial-calipers.jpg

Using a 10x power magnifier I found a microscopic particle in the rack.
A quick pick and all was well.
I then blasted the complete rack with WD40 in case there was anything else.
They work very well now and are spot on repeatable.

Now if you have the little reset tool (or make one) you can get the zero point back up at 12:00 if you want to. It will stay there until next time some debris gets in the rack. Or you can leave it where it is.

Now if you have the little reset tool (or make one) you can get the zero point back up at 12:00 if you want to. It will stay there until next time some debris gets in the rack. Or you can leave it where it is.
Thanks Tony I will look into that.

I have used a small Allen key to set zero at 12 o'clock works just fine.

Where should I send them?

I would rather give them away, with no assurance that they useful for high accuracy work then toss them in the scrap.

I am on a fixed income and don't work for nasa. But wouldn't mind getting a mitutoyo calipers that I might be able to fix.

Back