[Metrology] Mitutoyo Holtest Calibration

hkv

Registered
Registered
Hi,

I just purchased a set of used Mitutoyo Holstester (set of three) metric 6-12 mm. Included were also two set rings. 7.998 and 10.004 mm. Two of the micrometers are more or less within tolerance which is within +/-0.002 mm. The smallest micrometer is off by 0.006 which is three times as much as specified by the tolerance. I have tested the small set rings with the bigger micrometer (8-10 mm) and it is within +/-0.002 mm range, but it looks like the smallest one needs calibration.

Is it possible to "adjust" the micrometer yourself or do I need to send it in for calibration? Expensive? or should I just return the set and look for a new set for sale?

Appreciate any advice.

There is noway to adjust the calibration on the holetest beyond setting the preset. Did you preset the mic to the ring ID and then check again with a second ring?

Post a photo so I can see which set you have.

How do i set the preset? Is there a ser screw somewhere?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

I'm not familiar with Mitutoyo Holstester mics, but most mics have a small spanner included in the kit that allows you to adjust the barrel to set the calibration.

Picture coming0409ab0ff81b7bf7e301f118f068c792.jpg

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

It’s very easy to calibrate. If you do not have the manual, go on line as I did and review the manual for calibration…Good Luck, Dave.

Great, thanks. I downloaded the manual and it seems to be an easy task! Thanks for your help!

Glad you posted a pic, I was thinking you had digital holetests. The ones you have are very simple to calibrate.

Back