Mitutoyo Quill Dro Questions

Thanks, it was just the way the camera (could be operator error, no way) took the pics. Thanks again.

Oh I see what you are saying, I was referring to the photo placement in the thread. :)

I have a Mitu DRO scale mounted on my mill for the quill, but my mill is not a BP/clone. :lmao:

As I don't have a BP with one mounted so I can not say for sure but on the ones I have seen the fine feed hand wheel does clear & is still useable. But the DRO does cover most of the depth. The depth stop might still be able to be used but it looks like it would be a pain, especially if you have big fingers.

If the depth stop use is that important (it would be to me), if I had a BP/clone, I would just get the scale & make my own mounting brackets as some people do. I would make the brackets longer so the DRO would sit further to the right to allow more access to the depth stop.

I say more because if you go too far to the right you will cover the quill lock & bolts for angle/tramming the head. But you could come up with a medium or avoid that depending on how the brackets are made for placement.

OK, I got the Mit Dro for the quill on my mill and got it installed. Went on just as instructions said with no alterations. Works great and does not get in the way of any of the other controls on the mill. Working on a hit and miss engine and have used it several times already. Love it. Thanks for the advice.

Sandia

Back