Mk1 integral form 1 build

Ken226

Registered
Registered
I kinda always wanted one of these, so last year I sent in a form 1 and bought an old late 60s era Ruger Mk1.

The form 1 finally came back, so I spent a day out in the shop.

The plan was for a 6061 monocore and a 6061 tube with a front sight boss built up using tig, and machined to accept the stock sight blade.

I ported the barrel so that any standard supersonic .22lr ammo would be subsonic through this gun.

The rear bottom of the barrel has a 1/16 pin pressed in, which mates with a notch in the tube to keep the front sight indexed.

The CAD work:

The finished product, cerakoted in Cobalt.

It's pretty quiet, with a mildly annoying first round pop, but definite comfortable without earplugs.

Last edited:
That's a creative way of fitting it, but looks good! Interesting idea with porting the barrel at 1", have you chronographed it yet? Mk 1's are neat, just a pain to disassemble, but make great candidates for a Form 1. Did you start messing with springs yet? With the reduced blowback from the ports, you may have more quiet to gain from a softer operating spring and maybe a custom buffer. Anyway, nice work!

That's a creative way of fitting it, but looks good! Interesting idea with porting the barrel at 1", have you chronographed it yet? Mk 1's are neat, just a pain to disassemble, but make great candidates for a Form 1. Did you start messing with springs yet? With the reduced blowback from the ports, you may have more quiet to gain from a softer operating spring and maybe a custom buffer. Anyway, nice work!

I havnt chronographed it yet, but i will when i get a chance. I can tell ive accomplished the subsonic thing, just from the noise level.

I may play with the springs someday, but compared to some of my friends commercial rimfire suppressors, im happy with it so far. The springs are cheap enough that its worth some experimentation though.

Back