Modding the Ender3

MikeWi

Active User
Registered
Just an interesting video. There's a lot more things you can do, and I use different things than he does, but customizing can be more fun than printing for me. :chunky:

the inside joke is, you print more things for your printer than anything else!
2 upgrades i think are essential....
3 point leveling
Glass Bed

Glass bed has been the best money spent on my Ender 3 pro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I loved my glass bed too! For a little while. Then a stubborn print pulled a chip out of it. Heck, the weight is not great for a bed slinger anyway, so I found a high-temp magnetic sheet for the bed, and the cheapest spring steel print bed I could find. Works just as smoothly as the glass, and is far lighter. Plus, if I'm in a hurry, I can pull off the steel bed, flex it, and everything pops off. That's one of his improvements that I no longer agree with. :)

What do you folks think about the smoother modules? Does it actually do what it's supposed to? Does it change anything else you need to adapt to in your settings, or is it install and go?

if you are using A4988 steppers that come with the original creality board (melzi) then smoother modules will help a little with noise, and visual artifacts in the print. Once you move onto their "silent" version, or any of the current boards with TMC drivers, the smoothers become entirely unnecessary.

Back