Model guide?

Shotgun

Registered
Registered
There was a survey on this forum asking which model of Rong-Fu we had. I don't see it now, but I searched this entire forum for information on which model my clone would fit most closely. The best I could come up with is that if you're machine didn't come from the factory with a manual, the best you can do is guess.

Could I get any suggestions or pointers on what characteristics would define a particular model?

Round/square column
belt/gear drive

Rong Fu mill / drills

Find the one that looks like yours, and compare specs. I think the major feature to identify an RF-25 from an RF31 would be the table size.

There was an RF-30 but I've never seen anything solid on how it is different than an RF-31. There are a lot of clones of these mills, but they all seem to stick pretty close to the original specs.

Well, it was spread out, but this was the info I was looking for. Thank you.

I pulled the data off the web page a made a spreadsheet from it. Some of the formatting is off, but only had a few minutes to work with it.

Attachments

• Rong-Fu Model Chart.xlsx
    10.8 KB · Views: 24
I cleaned up your spreadsheet for you.

Two other variations that I know of are some of the clones have 4 pulleys instead of 3 for speed changes and don't have the back lash adjustment screw on the x & y lead screws. There are minor variations between all of these machines but any manual will be close enough.

What is the make/model of your mill/drill?

Attachments

• Rong-Fu Model Chart 002.xls
    10.5 KB · Views: 20
Thank you!

Could one of the administrators move this to a download section or pin it for the group? I'm sure it would be a point of interest to many.

I have a "Speedways Series". No model information that I could find. I think size-wise, it qualifies as an RF-30, but it is a 12-speed going from 120 to 2580rpm, before I swapped out to a treadmill motor. It also has 14x24 T-slots.

Back