Modifying Forklift forks to fit a skid steer

cathead

CATWERKS LTD
Registered
After locating some forklift forks, I decided to modify them to fit on a standard Bobcat forklift frame. Machining up the four brackets
took an hour or so and the fitting and welding took about an hour as well. I was sharing one set of forks between two machines at
separate locations and hauling them around for simple lifting jobs was getting old. P1020778.JPG
Fortunately the forklift forks were longer than needed so the mounting was quite simple. P1020779.JPG
This photo shows the top bracket I made and welded on to the forklift fork. I used some 1/8 inch 7014 welding rods
to attach the bracket.
P1020781.JPGThis is a photo of the business end of the machine. The bracket that the forks mount on was made a few years ago
and has been quite satisfactory. All in all, I am pleased and will experiment around with some heavy lifting soon and
test the set up. I may end up cutting off the original forklift brackets if they are in the way of the bucket cylinders.

Risky stuff!!

We did ours easy and lazy.

At one time a local lift truck place had a wrecking yard.

We picked up a side slide front half and forks for maybe $50.00 including the safety cage that was a little bent.

The carriage or where the forks go was about same size as the bobcat and it already had the folded hook across the top.

All that was needed was to add a couple loops for the rods at the bottom and done

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back