Modular 5C Collet Trays

I've updated my design to include ER32 collets and a variety of plain trays of various lengths. Pleased with how it's all come out. It's a bit of a rainbow in there as I've been using up rolls of PLA I had on hand. The 5Cs I've made it mean something - Red is whole numbers, Blue is .5 increments and then the Green is 5mm increments.

View attachment 328448View attachment 328447View attachment 328449View attachment 328450

Files are all on the thingiverse link in the first post.
Show off! :clapping:

New additions to the tool trays - some custom ones to hold my bore mic collection:

IMG_0214.JPGIMG_0215.JPG

The new trays are up at the thingiverse link on the first post, along with 'blank' versions with none of the features the mic ones have.

I used this stuff:

PVC_Fence_1.jpg

It's Vinyl Fencing I purchased from Lowes or Home Depot. it same size as 2" x 6" lumber but essentially PVC. Comes in 8' lengths. That and a 1-1/4" hole saw produced these:

Couple of sections of angle vinyl I had laying around made for nice labeling.
5C_Collet_Rack_1.jpg

Push 'em over with one finger to see the third row sizes.
5C_Collet_Rack_2.jpg

Last few big ones and extras in second drawer
5C_Collet_Rack_3.jpg

This stuff costs less than $20 for 8' section. It will never rust, and all I needed to do is punch the holes and set up some risers underneath so the collets would hang in them properly.

Food for thought. Hope this helps someone.

Best Regards,
Bob

Last edited:
I like that, I even have about a 6 foot piece of that sitting next to my garage looking for a way to be useful, now it can earn its keep. Thanks.

@GreatOldOne and @rjs44032 - FANTASTIC looking organization methods. Unfortunately, I don't have a 3D printer. But the vinyl fencing looks very handy. Thanks to both of you!

Wish I had the room to do that. Nice

Back