Monarch 10EE - what to do?

Phayb

Registered
Registered
Finally an update! The rest of 2019 was a busy time for me and nothing got done on my lathe project. Today I finally got to install the motor/gearbox assembly into the machine as well as the braking resistor bank.

In the build-up to this point, I had acquired a used gearbox and pulley. The sliding gear of the gearbox had to be adapted to work with the motor I bought. I sleeved it with a diameter 1.5" x 1/4" 4130 tube - welded and bored to fit with a keyway. I designed and made an adapter plate. After some fiddling to get things to line up properly, I think it turned out pretty good.

Phayb

Registered
Registered
I made a base plate that closely resembles the original - although I went by the pictures in the old manual and my particular motor set-up. The pulley I acquired needed to have the V-grooves widened. I had to fix the key onto the motor shaft - I elected to fasten it with a disc that is bolted into the end of the shaft. Everything seems to fit well and shift into and out of direct drive. We'll see how it goes once I power up the motor. DSC09210.JPG DSC09209.JPG DSC09208.JPG DSC09207.JPG DSC09206.JPG DSC09205.JPG DSC09204.JPG DSC09203.JPG DSC09202.JPG DSC09201.JPG DSC09200.JPG

Phayb

Registered
Registered
I made a base plate that closely resembles the original - although I went by the pictures in the old manual and my particular motor set-up. The pulley I acquired needed to have the V-grooves widened. I had to fix the key onto the motor shaft - I elected to fasten it with a disc that is bolted into the end of the shaft. Everything seems to fit well and shift into and out of direct drive. We'll see how it goes once I DSC09222.JPG DSC09221.JPG DSC09220.JPG

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock