Monarch 1944 12" CK

Hi, I wasn't on this site when you posted this but very nice restoration on a beautiful lathe. You did a great job, now you can enjoy it.

Hi, I wasn't on this site when you posted this but very nice restoration on a beautiful lathe. You did a great job, now you can enjoy it.
Thanks Charles
I do have more work on it that needs to be done. I like coming back to a working machine and progressing in small steps. The underside of the carriage will get a turcite treatment at some point, and the tailstock quill needs to be relaced. I’m currently working on finishing a new shop, but more will be added to this thread when get back to this lathe.

Lathe looks great!

Do you have more photos of your gantry? Specifically, what it looks like on the back of the lathe. I need to do this on my Pacemaker. Chucks are too heavy to manhandle safely.

Lathe looks great!

Do you have more photos of your gantry? Specifically, what it looks like on the back of the lathe. I need to do this on my Pacemaker. Chucks are too heavy to manhandle safely.
I'm in the middle of moving the shop around (finishing construction on a new shop) so things are a mess. Best I can get right now:
The headstock sits on a square frame of 2x2 steel tube (well, actually a couple of solid 2x2 cubes welded to the tube). The tubing sticks out the back and a piece of 3" pipe is welded to that with some braces.
IMG_4537.JPG
IMG_4538.JPG
IMG_4539.JPG

Back