Monarch being delivered

Walt,

Glad to hear you're making some progress! I assume you've got the lathe up and running.

Steve

Walt,

Any updates on the 10ee?

Guy in Sacramento

Just some useless trivia, In 1972 the company that I work for, bought a new 10EE.
The new price at that time, with accessories, both steady rests, coolant pump, face plates, Taper attachment, rocker post and holders, Collet chuck and collets, was over 7,000 dollars. I may have missed something there. Yes, we still have the reciept. This is a long bed,.
In 1996 we bought a new, short bed, at the paltry sum of 86,000 dollars.
Around 15 years ago we had the original machine refitted with a new VFD, retained the motor and original motor. Talk about a soaking! We did not have this done by Monarch. At the time we thought they were too expensive ---live and learn. That cost us, in the end about 20,000 dollars.
Last year I got a quote from monarch for a (Newly) refurbished machine. As they are not making new castings for machines, just rebuilding current existing machines, and suppling parts for repair. The new price-------106,000---"jawdrop: Yea. thats right!

I have a exciter I can part with. It appears to have been recently rebuilt. My DC motor was bad so I haven't used it. Bob

I just wanted to pipe in and say nice find. I grew up in Ohio, and was in vocational school in Piqua back in 78-79. We took a class tour of the Monarch plant. Lots of large machines scraping the ways, and the floor was wood 4 x 4"s on end. (I remember a few patch jobs on the floor) After being on concrete all these years, that floor seems pretty nice now. Also nobody was smiling.....Geezee..Probably didn't like a bunch of teenage brats coming through their shop?
Sorry to see them closed. I'm running a 16" at work now. 62 years old and still works great. The lathe that is! I'm not quite there yet.

Back