Monarch lathe steady rest

DAM 79

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Hello all so I have two Monarch lathes both swing 20” one is a series 60 and the other is a series 61 I’m looking for a steady rest anyone out there that might have one they want to part with or trade or something I have three Monarch steady but they all don’t fit I’m pretty sure there for the older version lathe I can make adapter and or mill the big one I have flat and take out the (V) and make adapter plate but figured I would post here and ask around first because these are all good useable steady rest that will definitely fit the right size lathe and these are hard to come by and I have three !!!! That don’t fit any of my Lathes !!!!!! Figured I would reach out here first !!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 63
Hello all so I have two Monarch lathes both swing 20” one is a series 60 and the other is a series 61 I’m looking for a steady rest anyone out there that might have one they want to part with or trade or something I have three Monarch steady but they all don’t fit I’m pretty sure there for the older version lathe I can make adapter and or mill the big one I have flat and take out the (V) and make adapter plate but figured I would post here and ask around first because these are all good useable steady rest that will definitely fit the right size lathe and these are hard to come by and I have three !!!! That don’t fit any of my Lathes !!!!!! Figured I would reach out here first !!
Looking for a 14” and a 16” swing steady for 2 different monarchs. Do you still have these?

I do still have them I went and made a adapter plate for the one because I didn’t have any luck with trying to find someone looking to trade and I needed it for a project

Attachments

• CA83043B-216F-4393-B813-4933B43717F2.jpeg
    CA83043B-216F-4393-B813-4933B43717F2.jpeg
    107.5 KB · Views: 39
I enjoy seeing the cast iron wood stove with the aluminum tea pot on it. Thanks, takes me back.

So I live out in the country and when I was younger that’s all I could remember being on top of the woods stove so when I ran across one after I put the wood stove in my shop I just had to have it !!!
There is a guy up in P.A. On Craigslist that is selling a bunch of steady rest all different sizes not sure what they fit and he doesn’t know I’ve told some other guys about it on Facebook because it’s so many that he has listed

Where in PA? Craig's list is by region in PA. Thanks.
I have a 1956 Monarch 61 that I am restoring. Just needs paint and re-assembly at this point. I have a steady, but need a follower.
Anyone out there know a good design for a tool-post-mounted DIY follower rest?

I think it was Irwin P.A. And I want to say he had them listed on Facebook market place also and good luck with tue follower rest those are super hard to find and I was just going to make my own at some point

Yeah, I'm looking at making my own follow rest for my 612, and if necessary going with the idea of modifying the base of a random find steady rest.

Yeah... I easily modified a South Bend Steady to fit my Sheldon lathe... two minutes of grinding... perfect fit...

Like bentontool, I also modified an unknown steady rest. It was more than 2 minutes of grinding but a simple enough project.
Of course I will continue to look for a correct, original one but this will work just fine.

Attachments

• 20211215_150631.jpg
    20211215_150631.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 15
  • 20211215_165219.jpg
    20211215_165219.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 20211216_101716.jpg
    20211216_101716.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 15
Back