Monarch lathe

NCjeeper did you see all the machinery for sale there outside of Richmond ??? The guy has like 4 lathes ,Big radial arm drill etc. and everything was make a over I think is was from a plant closure all the Lathes were Monarch and several were Big long Bed ?? This was on Craigslist
No I did not. Is it all sold? I will try a search.

Don't see Monarch's here much on the West Coast. I envy you all, seems like all the equipment on my bucket list is 3000 miles away or priced out of sight.

Congrats on the Monarch. She looks like a great unit.

No last time I check it was all still available but there are a few Big Lathes there that I would love to have but don’t have the room
I text the seller. He responded that the 3 big lathes are available for 20 grand. He didn't want to sell separately and that they were 550 voltage. That is going to be a hard sell I think.

I text the seller. He responded that the 3 big lathes are available for 20 grand. He didn't want to sell separately and that they were 550 voltage. That is going to be a hard sell I think.
Yeah, he’s going to have a challenge with that sale. Check back with him after the holidays ;)

Don't see Monarch's here much on the West Coast. I envy you all, seems like all the equipment on my bucket list is 3000 miles away or priced out of sight.

Congrats on the Monarch. She looks like a great unit.
There's a Model 61 on CL in Corvallis right now.

Looks like a model 61. I’d call that my ideal Monarch lathe.

I have three of them. Do we need to form a Monarchs anonymous?
Yes you are right about that this is the one lathe that will pretty much do anything I want or need with the size and capacity and I really need at some point a smaller lathe to do little things but this lathe will be my work horse and that’s why I’m going to sell my 16CY because the series 61 is in awesome shape and I’m keeping my series 60-61 because they pretty much match !!

You guys are making me Soooo envious with your big boy Monarchs. Especially those with multiple ones. Does my little CK qualify me to join your Monarchs Anonymous or do I have to just watch through a window while you convene your meetings?

There's a Model 61 on CL in Corvallis right now.
Looks like it might be a really nice unit. Sadly, I am not ready for a big lathe yet. Just retiring and need to buy or build our retirement home and shop. But nice to know that there are few out there.

Thanks for sharing.

Back