More Dogmeat. Would ya hold this light

LEEQ

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Not totally hideous, and super handy. It's mainly an Easycheck indicator holder my Dad tried and didn't trust to hold shape and be repeatable. To which I added a gizmo with a .250 indicator type stem hanging down from one corner, and a split clamp bored to fit my flashlight. So it's not superman strong, but it holds this light up just fine.20200131_233603.jpg20200131_233631.jpg

Good job on repurposing one of those snake arm holders. I won't call them an indicator holder cause they suck for that purpose. I even bought a cheap one once thinking it couldn't be that much worse & should be fine for holding a piece of plastic as a chip shield. Man was I wrong & returned the thing immediately!

I love those push button mag bases. I have a number of Starret ones. What brand is that one?

I believe it is badged easycheck and was sold with the arm. I'll have to check. That tiny little magnetic base is a beast. That's one part that's not moving. It's the only one I've seen in person, and I like it better than the knob style. I'll keep an eye out for used ones.

I could have put that to good use tonight , I used a headlamp and a teeth held flashlight . Of course , I couldn't see what I was working on regardless , too many guards , frames , wires etc to get a straight site of vision .

Easycheck ok I'll try to remember that, never heard of them before. They are great, not sure who the original designer is, I always assumed it was Starrett. I have like 3 or 4 of them, #657. Eclipse Magnetics also offers them.

I used one to make a chip shield.

20190217_174511.jpg

I have quite a few Starretts for the same purposes Will . Quick and easy . I have some flex clamp indicator holders I used down on the printing presses , never a piece of steel where you needed one . :(

Easycheck ok I'll try to remember that, never heard of them before. They are great, not sure who the original designer is, I always assumed it was Starrett. I have like 3 or 4 of them, #657. Eclipse Magnetics also offers them.

View attachment 312205
I assume those yellow strips are nice covers for the tracks in your table. What material is it?

Regards,
Terry

Terry, yes, they are Vertex t-slot covers. They're made of aluminum & have coolant through holes.

Wasn't interested in these before when one of our old moderators (MHRIP) asked me to go in on a groub buy, nor the color, but I love these things now. Got tired of cleaning out t-slots. Coincidentally the anodized gold/yellow matches my draw bar hammer & spindle lock.

Very nice, Will. Never heard of those or seen them (that I can recall). Several months ago, I made some cabinet-grade plywood covers for my mill, and I added some tracks on the underside so they would rest more rigidly in the t-slots. I suspect if I had seen your photo before I made mine, I would have bought those instead. Here's a top view picture of the one on the right side. There's a matching one on the left. They turned out fine, and they get the job done.

IMG_1599.JPG

Regards,
Terry

View attachment 312205
20200201_193646.jpgSchramifa from Rotterdam Holland. It did come with the tool new, but I was wrong about the mag base branding. It looks identical to the starret to me. Maybe same manufacturer. Maybe stolen or rights sold to the design. I'm curious.

Back