More Dogmeat. Would ya hold this light

Schramifa, thanks, I'm definitely not going to remember that one. Haha. I'll just stick to keeping my eye out for the Starrett & Eclipse ones.

That's pretty cool though especially having the original manual for it & more so that it was your father's. Definitely a keeper.

Yah, when the notion struck me as to how to get some use out of it I had to smile. I sure wouldn't get rid of it, and I wouldn't trust it to do it's job. So now it's got a new lease on life. I enjoy working out of his chest too. There isn't a ton in there, and some of it is at least third hand now, but it makes me smile. He gave me his 23rd edition machinery's handbook, and his 24th is in the drawer for it in the chest. Now that I think of it the gray plastic I used was out of his scrap this and that bin. Fitting.

The Vertex, Aluminum Slot Cover for Milling Tables are great I have some thats 20 years old.

All I've done is throw together previously stolen tricks. So have at it, and show us. Everybody loves pics.

I have a Flexbar brand donkey-dick (the proper name).
1582995042866.png
I got it from the machinist at the lab where I worked in the 70s. He had a box full of them from some long forgotten study. It has the push-button release (which I'm not that fond of) and fine adjust at the base. Even after adjusting the cable it's just not that solid. I believe Flexbar was the originator of the design.

1582995250885.png

Last edited:
Back