[Drill] Motor cooling fan blade .

If using thin mild steed rather than aluminum, it would be stronger and easier to afffix (weld or braze) the hub part.
If you were planning to bolt it on, aluminum would work OK. It all depends on what tools and or welding
equipment you may have. A TIG welder(GTAW) would be a great tool to use if you made an aluminum one but
not everyone has one, including me.:blue: Good luck.

If using thin mild steed rather than aluminum, it would be stronger and easier to afffix (weld or braze) the hub part.
If you were planning to bolt it on, aluminum would work OK. It all depends on what tools and or welding
equipment you may have. A TIG welder(GTAW) would be a great tool to use if you made an aluminum one but
not everyone has one, including me.:blue: Good luck.

There is a stop on the shaft so I will make it flat and press fit it on then hold it on with a shaft collar . At least that’s what I’m thinking . I’ll post pics as soon as I get something made . Thanks for your response .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

69c944b51aad9dfa855ff32c261b5192.jpg11bb1e87d045e4dca87c5ae81e890f67.jpga7b5065f4a1228e4a8459a9018b928da.jpgc54dd68391c0cc4021f6735fbfc5a336.jpg

This is what I have so far ! I glued the broken fan to a thin piece of cardboard , then transferred that to a piece of anodized aluminum I had hanging around the cut the shape and drilled the center , it will fit tight when I put it on the shaft going to get shaft collar now at the hardware store . ANY THOUGHTS ? The metal may be to thin , will it flex as it spins ? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks to me like you are golden! Mount it on your motor and run with it. At 1725 RPM your fan should be plenty sturdy, I would not worry about flexing at all.

Back