[Drill] Motor cooling fan blade .

looks good to me, nice fix! Spin the motor by hand a few times first just to make sure there are no spots where it binds.

I'd say thirty plus years , good job and I bet ya didn't think you could do it. You could pop rivet it to the collar but epoxy should hold.

Nice job on the fan. I'm sure it will hold up fine. With epoxy, I some times drill a few holes in one piece to allow the epoxy to squeeze through and eliminate any voids, and create a sort of pin to strengthen the joint. Cheers, Mike

I am saddened by your local motor rewinder. It's a 1/2" shaft, come on. Made you step up & hit a home run though!!!!

For continuous running you definitely need a fan, but on a drill press where its intermittent use you may get away without it. Don't know. When using a VFD to slow the motor the built in fan would be pretty much useless.

Greg
The plastic fan fell part about 4 years ago on my mill which will sometimes run upto 2 hours consistently to Finish a job ,I've been lazy and never replaced it however the motor has never had an isue it's still going now and gets used quite a lot ,I don't have vfd so motor runs at 1500 constant ,I really don't think the fans they fit on these Chinese motors do a great deal to be honest .I used to worry about it but that's gone out the window I have been waiting for it to say good night and die now for four years so as I can purchase a 3 phase motor and vfd drive however I don't think it's going to give me that luxury just yet

I thought I would need the fan for cooling ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As

Back