Motor Modification With Ulma Doctor

Watched the video.
Hell.
No.
Let me repeat that. No. Damn. Way.
Table saws are scary. They're just waiting for an opportunity to remove an appendage. That chicken mangler..... No. Just..... Nope. You can see it *WANTS* to remove some body parts. And I doubt it'd even bog down when doing it. Nah. No way in heck I'd go anywhere near one of those things. Fix it, maybe, stand way off to one side and make sure it runs, yep. Sharpen the blade? Very carefully. But cut chicken or other meat on it? Nope. Nada. Not doing.

my sentiments exactly...:nail biter:

P.S.
the motor is equipped with a start capacitor, should the motor bog down -
the start cap will send a charge to the motor and send it right back up to speed.
i really haven't heard one of these machines bog for more than a fraction of a second , even the toughest of product.
scary efficient dismemberment

I just watched that video, OMG :confused::eek 2:. Not me, would never happen.

it's only scary because you don't use one for several hours a day, perhaps every day. I worked in a turkey factory when I was a teenager working through college and they did all the cutting and boning by hand, with insanely sharp knifes. They did where steel gauntlets though. Some crazy stories from that job - had a water fight with my supervisor so as punishment he put me on the temperature detail. Every pallet of turkey in the dispatch chiller was checked frequently and if it went above a certain temp I had to drag the pallet through the factory (in the midst of summer mind) and put it in the -40C blast freezer, opening up all the trays so it cooled back down again. Working on a foot of ice, in an icestorm with my nostrils freezing shut, only to have to pull a ton of turkey back through a 30C factory. That's why I went to college...

that's why they say, "Don't be a tool, stay in school!"

yes indeedy and that wasn't even the worst job that I did before and during college. Had some fun times and met some really interesting people though. Certainly gave me a better perspective than alot of the kids I'm teaching now.

Another funny thing from that job - one of the huge and scary guys (I dunno 6'6" and 300lbs?) used to call me Professor as they all knew I was going to university the following year and now I AM a Professor :)

it's only scary because you don't use one for several hours a day, perhaps every day. I worked in a turkey factory when I was a teenager working through college and they did all the cutting and boning by hand, with insanely sharp knifes. They did where steel gauntlets though. Some crazy stories from that job - had a water fight with my supervisor so as punishment he put me on the temperature detail. Every pallet of turkey in the dispatch chiller was checked frequently and if it went above a certain temp I had to drag the pallet through the factory (in the midst of summer mind) and put it in the -40C blast freezer, opening up all the trays so it cooled back down again. Working on a foot of ice, in an icestorm with my nostrils freezing shut, only to have to pull a ton of turkey back through a 30C factory. That's why I went to college...

Oddly enough, one job I had that I didn't mind was working on an internment crew. Yup, I used to bury people for a living. Hours were good, pay sucked, got to be outdoors all day, and was strong as an ox. OSHA hated some of the things we did, too. Gave up that job for a career in IT. Don't miss the dirt, though.

Back