Motorcycle Parts

The extensions bring back very bad memories, an early bike I had had screw on slugs to extend the tubes most god awful things devised by man mine came loose at speed on the freeway. There is only one way out of a high speed wobble and thats to lift the front wheel not an easy feat on early iron. Then I had one tube come right out of the triple tree landing was very bad, messed up for months. Should have been tightened and then welded properly and then re machined. A good plan would be to check them weekly like and if found loose at all PREY and redo. It is a very well done build you could help me anytime.

PS I still prefer my 33 year old BMW R-65 (red headed step child of BMW's) to the car any day. Riding since 1965 one loss of time incident 3+months still feel it today.

PS I still prefer my 33 year old BMW R-65 (red headed step child of BMW's) to the car any day. Riding since 1965 one loss of time incident 3+months still feel it today.

I nearly bought a r45 , the 450cc version for a cheap commuter bike. it sold before i got the cash together. Sometimes think i dodged a bullet with that one.

the fork extensions i'd have gone a different route but for a goldwing it should okay.

nice WIP
here in the UK a lot of my fellow VMaxers / streetfighter builders are using extensions threading into the top of the fork with extension pieces inside to carry the preload / damping adjusters up to the original fork cap - your way looks a lot less complicated!
yeah there are reasons for that.

it's prevalent in the racing community to add extensions in this manner, IIRC the 06-07 R6s were particularly twitchy and needed to be raised up further than what the stock length could provide.

Sorry for not responding lately. In the middle of moving/downsizing. Got the house stuff pretty much done. Getting house ready to list. Haven't tackled the shop yet. Moving to a 20x20 garage going to setup lathe, mill and lathe to get something built this winter. Going to build a new shop next spring I hope.

Couple of picks:
The suspension is pretty much done. On to the other interesting phase. SUPERCHARGE!!!!

Swingarm Reassemble 012.jpg Supercharger Parts 012.jpg Supercharger Parts 028.jpg Supercharger Parts 034.jpg

Thanks for the update! Can a swing arm be sexy? I think so, very curvy. A supercharged gold wing.......whoda thunk. Very cool stuff for sure.:thumbsup:

Holy crap! A supercharged bike???!! Man that looks badddd

Bernie

See ngwclub.com for other blown goldwings.

6-8" in length? Wanted to make it as short as possible and wheelbase is still 3" over stock. Wanted to keep it close to stock for closer to stock handling.

Back