Motorhome heater vent

09kevin

Forum Guest
Register Today
A friend of mine has a motorhome and one of the heater vents on the dash became brittle and finally broke. I modeled it in Fusion 360 and then printed it out.

Original vent. outside diameter is 4"
VENT3.jpg

Modeled vent
BODY CAD.PNG

BODY2.PNG

VENT CAD.PNG

printed vent
Vent.jpg

VENT4.jpg

VENT2.jpg

VENT1.jpg

Kevin

Nice work. Did you use a 3d scanner or model it from measuring the original?

Looks like the same vent that's broken on our motorhome. Any chance you could post the file here? Save me the trouble of creating the model myself, and my daughter could print it for me on her printer. I don't know what file format Fusion uses, but I can ready any neutral format (step, sat, iges, etc.).

I measured the old vent with calipers. I would like to buy a scanner but it's not at the top of my tool list right now :)

Looks like the same vent that's broken on our motorhome. Any chance you could post the file here? Save me the trouble of creating the model myself, and my daughter could print it for me on her printer. I don't know what file format Fusion uses, but I can ready any neutral format (step, sat, iges, etc.).

I am at work now and have a birthday party for my dad tonight but can post the file tonight or tomorrow.. It is in STL format.

STL is the output format for the 3D printer which is just a polygon mesh shell which can't really be edited, but it looks like Fusion is able export true solid models in SAT or STEP, which any CAD system can import and alter if the vent isn't exactly the same.

Sorry, I was thinking the file format (STL) for the slicer software, I believe I can save the file from Fusion in just about any format you mentioned.

very nice! I love seeing these kinds of posts. I need to print off a B&D>Milwaukee M18 battery adapter so I can use my M18 batteries with my B&D strimmer which eats batteries. Should have done it last night before doing the lawn today :)

Back