Motors with attached pumps .

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
5 . Can't let them get into the dumpster . Too good . 2 are single phase , 3 are 3 phase . Any ideas on what to make with them ? :dunno: 3/4 and 1 hp .

Big ole flood coolant system! Or how about an 1800 gal fish tank using an above ground swimming pool? :big grin: :dunno:

Belize-small.jpg

We had a turtle tank about that size ! Still trying to get grass grown in the bare circle . :grin: I'm thinking wire wheel or buffer motors , but I have enough of them . Or , an electric scooter , which I would be fine until the extension cord ran out . o_O

They don't need to stay as dedicated pumps and I'm sure you will find a use. I'm looking at a 1/2 HP one right now to re-power an old 3/4 - 1 HP Camelback drill needs a 2:1 reduction to bring it down to speed. Another use would be a dedicated tool grinder.
Find a spot under a bench somewhere.

We had a turtle tank about that size ! Still trying to get grass grown in the bare circle . :grin: I'm thinking wire wheel or buffer motors , but I have enough of them . Or , an electric scooter , which I would be fine until the extension cord ran out . o_O

Dayum, how big were the turtles!?!

Red eared sliders from Myrtle Beach years ago . They ended up outgrowing the aquariums and ended up in the son's pool . :big grin: They ended up in a co-worker's turtle habitat . :encourage:

ND , I will pull them and store them , you know that . :grin:

5 . Can't let them get into the dumpster . Too good . 2 are single phase , 3 are 3 phase . Any ideas on what to make with them ? :dunno: 3/4 and 1 hp .
FWIW, we had two single phase 220v 2-speed pump/motor combinations that came out of an old spa we never used. I took the pumps off and sold them on Ebay.

Then we built a 2-speed 6X48 belt sander with one of the motors - for sanding both wood and metal. It was designed based on Grizzly's G1276 machine.

We're now building a 12" disc sander with the other motor.

Spa Motor.jpgBelt Grinder 1.jpgBelt Grinder 2.jpg

Back