Movable Rack For Vise And Rotary Table

cathead

CATWERKS LTD
Registered
My latest project is this height adjustable moving rack that will be quite useful. It's 16 x 24 inches
and the top rack is removable so one can easily place a heavy item( in this case the vise) on
the middle shelf. It is on wheels so can be positioned at the end of the mill using the trolley and
chain fall hoist to set them on the table. As a final thought I will add another tier with a work surface
made of steel so it could be used as a small workbench or tool holder by the lathe or mill. The green
pieces are 3/4 plywood and are sitting on 1.25 inch square tubing all the way around. Now I have
the option of having the mill free of heavy stuff and ready for some other project.

That does look like a great way to deal with those heavy accessories.

Just be sure it's not too tall and top-heavy to tip while moving if your wheels find a crack or some debris on the floor.....

-brino

Nice job! That is the only way to go. I like how you made it adjustable. :aok:

That does look like a great way to deal with those heavy accessories.

Just be sure it's not too tall and top-heavy to tip while moving if your wheels find a crack or some debris on the floor.....

-brino

It feels relatively stable but I will pull it around the long way, Maybe I will add a handle for that purpose. Thanks!

Im not sure but that super big chuck on the bottom shelf may be tuff to get out and up to the mill. But the tiny rotary table is in the right spot. Really looks good like the adjustability , the right size too. It's hard to manage those items for sure think you've given us more to build thanks. It's made like I like them so heavy a tank could ride over it and not destroy it. GREAT JOB

Im not sure but that super big chuck on the bottom shelf may be tuff to get out and up to the mill. But the tiny rotary table is in the right spot. Really looks good like the adjustability , the right size too. It's hard to manage those items for sure think you've given us more to build thanks. It's made like I like them so heavy a tank could ride over it and not destroy it. GREAT JOB

The top rack with the holes in it lifts off to access the second tier down. The green boards are removable so if I ever want to place
a seldom used gargantuan item on the bottom, I can. It all goes along with the trolley and chain fall hoist in a previous post.
Thanks for the kind words. :encourage:

Back