moving a jet 18 - PFN in the back of an suv

dansawyer

Registered
Registered
I have the opportunity to purchase a Jet 18 - PFN and if practical I would plan to disassemble it and transport in the back of an SUV. Can this be easily disassembled into 200 lb or less sub assemblies Would these fit in the floor of standard size SUV?
What modules would you suggest? I assume the head will come off, Is this reasonable to do?
Will the column easily dis attach from the base?
I will assume the base assembly can be slid up a ramp. Does anyone have an estimate of weight of the base?
Thank you in advance for your help. Dan

Take the motor off, then take the cap off the top of the column. You can then raise the head to the top and then off the rack; the head will then lift right off. It weighs close to 200# all by itself. The column is held to the base by 4 bolts; remove them and separate the column from the base. You can remove the table fairly simply but I think two guys can manhandle the base and table assembly into the back of your SUV. Two strong guys, a piece of plywood on the floor of the car, some dollys and a ramp should allow you to get it done. This thing is heavier than you might think but it is doable.

Back