Enjoy!

Nelson

Attachments

• Moving an Enco RF.pdf
    303.8 KB · Views: 58
Last edited by a moderator:
This is a link to the same, the images seem clearer than the PDF
http://rick.sparber.org/Articles/MoveMill/MoveMill.htm

This is a link to another I ran across, anyone maybe considering purchasing one of these mills might find these informative.

http://truetex.com/movemill.htm

If your just moving one into a small garage, a small utility trailer works well, I was able to walk mine off alone then easily set it up with an engine hoist and some properly placed blocks ( preventing the bending and twisting of the drive pulley cover ) without any disassembly.
OffTruck.jpg
lifting760.jpg

Re: Moving a mill-drill

I had to move a similar mill-drill into my basement shop.
There was no way that I could move it in one piece down narrow stairs and through the crowded basement.

I removed the motor. With a couple of friends I unbolted the column and we tilted the assembly over and laid it on its side supported by blocks so the plastic belt guard housingwas not damaged.
We then slid the column out from mill head.
The x-axis lead screw had to be removed before sliding the x-axis table off the base.
Piece by piece I single handedly moved the parts into the basement with a refrigerator type hand truck.
I used a come-along attached to a ceiling joist to hoist each piece onto my workbench.

Everything went back together well.
The only remedial thing that I had to do was tram the head.
(I did not check the tram before moving it, so it may have been a bit off before I disassembled the unit.)
I needed to add a small bit of shim stock under one side of the column base.

There was some putty like filler at the base of the column (factory painted to make it look pretty) that had to be scraped off.
Overall it was not a bad process and came out well.

fixxit

Back