Moving Company for my home machine Shop

N2XD

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
Looks like will be making a move from North Carolina to Western New York State( Don't ask why please). I would need a mover of some sort to move my Home shop to a new location. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Looks like will be making a move from North Carolina to Western New York State( Don't ask why please). I would need a mover of some sort to move my Home shop to a new location. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
I would seek a trucker looking to back haul and not dead head. You'll need to arrange to load, but this is done often. Much cheaper than dedicated equipment haulers . If the trucker is located in New your and making a run to NC , he does not want to run back to NY empty
Tom

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

These guys have been used and highly recommended by some in a local machinist group for rigging and transportation. Steve and Jason Mignogna (father and son). Jason at 804-490-3506 or at migriginc@gmail.com

Hard to give an opinion without know what machines are involved. Many home movers don't deal with machines and would likely subcontract that portion of the move. That said, if your machines are on the heavy side, you might want to coordinate the shop move yourself and save some pesos.
Lets see some photos of your machines. I have used deadhead trucking in the past, to transport vehicles from AZ to east coast for reasonable money, but that easy unloading at the destination. You'll need to have the receiving end ready for the delivery. Are you moving now (winter) or? Too many unknowns at this point to provide advice.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will contact Steve and Jason. I am really looking for someone to pack and transport to the new location. I have a PM 1440e-LB lathe, PM- 940M mill. SGS-618 surface grinder, Old and heavy drill press. Old saw, Atlas 8' shaper. Various grinders. and finally all the tooling and benches and other good stuff that go with all the machines. I'm really not able to do all the packing and moving myself. A man must know his limitations. Thanks.

I know it doesn't help you now, but this is why I built my shop building to be split in two when I'm ready to move. Something to think about for the future.

Back