Mr. Pete - Tubalcain is selling off his goodies.

middle.road

Granite Stoopid...
H-M Supporter Gold Member
He's got a YouTube video up summarizing what his first batch consists of.

-=- eBay Link -=- Prices on some pieces are getting up there already...

YT Vid:
He's not real gentle with the fine stuff, he keeps just tossing pieces back into their tubs.

He's getting over top dollar on the bay . Wow ! o_O

I found that video looking to see if he had pasted. I read a response from someone on this site referring to him and said the LATE Tubalcain. So I was looking to see if he past and came across the video so it looks like he’s still ticking. It sounds like he selling off his duplicates which I think he’s a auction/tool fan so I bet he has tons of it.

I found that video looking to see if he had pasted. I read a response from someone on this site referring to him and said the LATE Tubalcain. So I was looking to see if he past and came across the video so it looks like he’s still ticking. It sounds like he selling off his duplicates which I think he’s a auction/tool fan so I bet he has tons of it.
There was a British writer on machining topics who previously used the name Tubalcain. He's been deceased for a while and I think that's who was being mentioned in the post you saw. The current one is not only alive and kicking, he's posting on YouTube several times a week, usually at ungodly hours of the morning.

Maybe I'm out of touch, but the prices seem to be charity auction kind of prices. Oh well, more power to him.

I can only guess that some consider him a celebrity and therefore worth excess prices for his items.

Popular youtubers are minor celebrities these days. One of the gun channels ebays targets used during the episodes. The targets are signed and dated as to the episode. It looks like he has gotten anywhere from $45 to over $500 for a used paper target...

Mr Pete has almost 200,000 subscribers, I could see some being willing to pay more than typical to get a tool or part that came from his shop. It supports the channel, gives them a piece of memorabilia and is likely an actually useful item. Look at the cheap crap people buy because it has their favorite sports team or motor vehicle brand plastered on it.

Wonder if he could sell my stuff on the bay , or maybe I can just put tubalcain in the descriptions ? Starrett always brings good money on the Bay , but they bang you for this , that , and PP takes their cut . Usually 20% or more to sell . That's one reason you have to ask for astronomical prices . He's doing good I must say .

Just checked the auctions, WOW on the prices. Might have to change my eBay name from 'bghansen' to 'mrpete22'. Then list a HF $10 angle grinder and get $100.

Bruce

Some of the prices seem OK. He's got a Jacobs 56B spindle chuck starting at $66.00. They usually sell for at least 100 bucks.

Back