MSC rant

woodchucker

Registered
Registered
Well, my sons bday is coming up next week. He just got a 3d Printer, so I thought I would get him a deburring tool set.
I wanted a mixed blade set like I had got from Enco years ago. Tried MSC.. what a rip off. The shipping should be nearer 1/2 the price. This is why I don't buy from MSC.

noga_mscdirect.jpg

Yep, MSC does not want the hobbyist market. that's why they closed Enco.

My son is supervisor at a huge company's prototype shop. He gets calls and perks to order from them, always 25% off list, often MUCH better. Shipping is free. Now, he does spend $100K on tooling every year.

They give free UPS shipping on orders over $50, at least to former ENCO customers like me. And I don't think I am special - I probably only spend a couple hundred dollars per year with them.

Yea - the shipping cost on that is crazy. But, I have to believe threre's something else you'd want in that zillion page catalog to get you to $50.... :big grin:

I am former Enco, and they offered me another special deal a one client if I remember the name, they still are higher than most everyone else.

Mc Master-Carr....$$$$$ but what you want is in stock and shipping charges are very good plus fast delivery.

Mc Master-Carr....$$$$$ but what you want is in stock and shipping charges are very good plus fast delivery.
unfortunately they did not have the assortment I was looking for, for him.

Yep, MSC does not want the hobbyist market. that's why they closed Enco.

My son is supervisor at a huge company's prototype shop. He gets calls and perks to order from them, always 25% off list, often MUCH better. Shipping is free. Now, he does spend $100K on tooling every year.

Yeah, I always wait until I have enough to get the savings as well. I think once a month they offer a 35% deal, definitely worth waiting for.

Higher shipping charge than the item you ordered? Up here that's something we're all familiar with but at least you usually receive your order within a week.

Last edited:
Try Amazon.
Look for the free shipping items.
Shipping to us here is almost always high. Sometimes as much as the item itself, at some places.

Yup, Amazon and eBay are getting a lot more of my $. Come to think of it, so is AliExpress. MSC is one of the last places I look, when I can't find it ANYWHERE else.

Back