Mtford Vm-f Milling Machine.......

F

frankjhorton2013

Forum Guest
Register Today
Hi all,
is there anyone out there that can help me find a workshop manual for a Myford VM-F milling machine...
this machine was made for Myford, UK. by a company in Taiwan in 1995.....no idea who.....
I've been led to believe that it has also been imported to other western countries under various names but so far I've been unable to find it......
the machine is wired for 3phase, thats 440volts for the UK electric's......
I will try to post some photos of my machine but a Google search does bring it up in images.....
brief description, basicaly a mini Bridgeport, J head....main motor on top with a rotary switch for forward and reverse.......powered table, left and right.....no powered quill feed that I can see.....
I bought this from an aquaintance estate and I've never seen it run.....
basically the machine is dead, although pluged into the mains something is stopping the main contactor tripping in.....there are no stop/panic button and the access door have no switches......I think that the rotary switch on top livens up/starts the machine.......have not been able to find anyone with a machine....most say they have heard of it but never seen one......
I live in a very remote region and it's hard enough to get a normal electrician let alone somebody who can trouble shoot 3 phase within a machine......
any help would be appreciated......I'd like to be able to use it...I've had it 6 months so far and I'm stuck.....
thanks Clogs

Hi all, does this site get used in Canada ???????????
I've been given the idea that this Myford VMF mill was imported up there.......having trouble loading a photo on the forum (I'm a electronic's Dinosour) but there is a good photos on Google.....
the reason I'm asking is that ;-
in the USA ur 3phase is 240volt ? so a US wiring diagram may different, also, I believe that in Canada they use 240v, single phase and 440v, three phase.......?
sorry to be a pest but getting a workshop manual is so important to me.......
any help at all would be most welcome.....or just tell me to bugger off.....hahaha........
thanks Clogs

Back